Ability to manage stress and pressure is the key factor in our effectiveness.
What is it that one can do to not fall victim to unbearable pressure and stress? How do we avoid breaking down in the face of challenges? How to work effectively regardless of circumstances? Mental Strength and Resilience determines how people deal effectively with challenges, stressors and pressure irrespective of circumstances.
Published research from around the world has shown that resistance to mental stress accounts for 25% of the effectiveness between people. People who possess the characteristics of Strength and Resilience handle the professional sphere with ease and great efficiency. They manage their energy well, show greater commitment, have a more positive attitude, and are willing to take up new challenges.
The training is a practical workshop that equips the participants in a useful toolkit, that increases their ability to deal with stress, pressure, change and challenges. It will help participants develop and support resilience in teams. Participants will learn effective strategies to increase confidence and build perseverance and consistency in action. They will know how to manage energy and recharge physical, emotional and mental batteries.
- Resilience to stress and pressure vs effectiveness
- Stress and pressure – everyday life.
- Mental Strength & Resilience as a key factor in our effectiveness.
- Benefits and advantages of enhancing Resilience
- Focus on strengthening positive behaviors as a factor in influencing professional success.
- Understanding the Mental Toughness (Strength & Resilience) model – elements building Resilience (MTQ48)
- Model 4C: Control, Commitment, Challenge, Confidence
- Mental Toughness measurement – discussion over the results of the mental Strength & Resilience measurements, based on the MTQ48 questionnaire.
- Becoming aware of resources. Learning how to turn your “weaknesses” into your advantages.
- Stress management at work – recognizing the signs, sources and mechanisms
- Stress and emotion, the mechanism that drives them.
- The essence, origin and complexity of stress response.
- What are my sources of stress – physical, emotional, mental & social.
- Recognizing one’s own pattern of responding to difficult situations.
- How to change the approach to stress and use its energy.
- Stress management technics
- Review of current stress management technics being used by the group.
- Mindfulness training in stress management – basic methods and tools.
- Practical breathing and relaxation techniques.
- How to „protect oneself” and maintain mental distance?
- Developing Resilience trough practical mental training
- Mental Strength and Resilience as a self-management skill – how to develop it? Practical strategies based on MTQ48 reports.
- Your attitude as a key filter – how to choose growth and support resilience.
- Increasing self-awareness and Emotional Intelligence to build Resilience.
- Cognitive-behavioral model ABCD – understanding and changing thoughts and emotions.
- How to identify as well as change automatic negative thought processes.
- Controlled distraction – how to divert and keep the attention and concentration.
- How to build mental habits aimed at strengthening Resilience?
- Developing Resilience within teams and supporting Resilience culture
- Building a resilient learning culture and safe social support system.
- Storytelling – stories that boost resilience spirit in teams.
- Learning from failures – how to create open communication and safe learning environment.
- How to use feedback skills to increase resilience.
- Emotions in communication that build trust and resilience in teams.
- Managing energy – practical strategies
- In the search of balance – the influence of lifestyle in enhancing energy.
- 4 sources of energy: how to cultivate more energy and use it wisely.
- Methods to build positive emotions and happiness advantage attitude.
- Strategies to build internal and external support.
Training techniques used:
- Brainstorming and mind-mapping in discovering ideas and creative work
- Questionnaires in reflection and discovery exercises
- MTQ48 questionnaires & raports
- Follow up exercise
- Exercises in pair and subgroups
- Facilitation and coaching tools
- Case study, interesting examples
- Stress management exercise
- Fill in exercises and sheets
- Mini project work
- Film viewing & analysis