CREATIVITY THROUGH IMPROVISATION (2 days)
This training is especially recommended to teams and individuals who:
- want to learn how to generate and use spontaneous ideas for setting and achieving their goals
- want to overcome the limitations of their mind and body
- want to understand better their emotions and the emotions of others in a creative process
- want to get to know innovative, unconventional techniques and tools which foster creativity through improvisation
- need guidelines in a ‚creative chaos’, in order to change their potential into success
and for everyone who likes learning through practice and fun
This training will help you to:
- develop awareness of your own body thanks to ingenious techniques of theatrical improvisation
- find out how to use your ideas consciously and in an extraordinary way
- learn how to open your mind to unconventional solutions
- understand some of the mental processes and overcome creative inhibitions
In each of us there is some creative potential which we often limit ourselves when we follow well-known paths looking for the so-called ‚safe’ solutions. However, originality cannot be ‚invented’ or obtained through effort. According to Keith Johnstone, simple solutions can be the best ones, but only when we start to think spontaneously. When we understand our reactions, we can understand the reactions of others better, and when we free our body, e.g. from prolonged stress, we free our mind as well…
Here is a sample program which you will complete during the training:
1. Creativity – on spontanuous thinking
- First thought is always the best?
- How not to be original (and still creative)
- Being a chameleon – on the art of versatility
- Systematic desensitization – what kills our spontaneity?
2. The Genius is born with you, not within you – on creative process
- O Muse, where art thou? – on creative inspiration
- Be ‚common’ and you will be extraordinary – on creative block and how to overcome it
- Imagination, fantasy, wit – from a spark to a flame
- Space – physical and metaphorical – how to spread your wings
3. Narrativity – how do we create the world through storytelling?
- Mind palaces, windmills, mind maps – on mental representation
- Action and interaction – how to break the routine in thinking and acting
- Tales, stories, legends – why are they so alluring?
- New narrations: advertising, social media, blogs – how our creativity changes
4. Here and now – improvisation is the key to success
- Narrative games – theatrical games based on acting and improvisation techniques (e.g. stage movement, working-on-text)
- There is only now – on focusing your attention
- Children are like butterflies – how to reclaim the openness of mind once lost
- „Instant trouble” – how to manage every situation
5. Emotional goals – staying open-minded
- On giving and taking
- Mantras: love and hatred – on radical emotions
- Being John Malkovich – why do we want to be someone else and how does it limit us?
- Suppressing emotions or hyperexpressionism? – How to find a golden mean?
6. Character – On body and mind
- Relationship between mind and body – a few words on psychosomatics
- Changing your body image – acting activities
- Body in culture – how to make it united with your mind
- Vicious circle of stress – on creative blocks once more
7. Fast-food Stanislavski – on (stereo)types of thinking
- Theatrical exercises which are to show how we think in stereotypes; creating character types and role-playing
- The aim is not enough – how to change your thinking and achieve success
- On thinking fast and slow
- Thinking ahead – a vision or a mistake?
8. Visualize yourself – on self-fashioning
- Design yourself – how to find the right path and to keep on track
- ‚Every great change is preceded by great chaos’ – how to change creativity crisis into your final success?
- Be the best version of your own self – visualizations
- Synthetic summary of training contents; guidelines for participants
Target group: The training is aimed at those who wan